Published on November 2nd, 2012 | by Eva1
“Stores 101″: A How-To for the New Launch Pad Stores Tool
If you haven’t heard, we recently unveiled the new Formstack Launch Pad, a three-tool platform that will help your business run more efficiently. Oh, and did we mention that it’s currently free for Formstack customers? Every Friday for the next three weeks, we’ll be posting a basic how-to for each new tool, as well as advice for how you can use it within your company. This week, we’re featuring the Stores tool. This e-commerce platform is ideal for the small business owner looking to sell multiple products on one page. Additionally, you can sync your payment processor with the storefront, making check-out a cinch. With inventory control and a shopping cart function, Formstack users can provide a professional, hassle-free virtual storefront that can be easily browsed by the site visitor. Want to get started? Here’s how to create a basic store:
1. Log in to your Formstack account. Look for the Launch Pad tab at the top of your dashboard.
2. Hover over the Launch Pad tab and click the “Stores” option from the drop down menu.
3. After clicking the “Stores” option, click “Add Stores” and then “Create A New Store”. From here, you should be taken to the Settings page for an untitled store.
4. Under the Settings tab:
- General: Title your store and set your store’s unique URL and active/inactive status.
- Shipping: Determine your shipping rate to be placed on the store’s checkout page. You can either calculate the shipping based on the cost of the entire order or the amount of items ordered.
- Store Design: Customize your store’s design to match your unique brand. Change the page layout and color, and add a custom header or footer to provide more information about your store.
5. After personalizing these three options in the Settings tab, click “Next Step”.
6. Now it’s time to add a new product! Woot!
- Click “Add a New Product” under the Product tab. Fill in the required information about your product and assign the product to a category. If you want to include inventory control for a product, this is when you will do it. While editing your product information, click yes for “Track Inventory?” and enter the quantity of the product you have.
- After the product is to your liking, click “Add Product”.
- To add a new category, click “Add a New Category” and include a name and image.
*You can also change the order of your categories and products! Hover over them to see arrows that you can click and drag around your products and categories. If you want to edit a product or category, hover over it and click the icon that looks like a gear. Once you have added your products, you can go back to the Settings tab to find options for a sales tax and discount code.
7. After you are finished adding your products and categories, click on the Payments tab to set up your store with one of three payment integrations and provide your account information for that integration. Select your currency before clicking “Next Step” – Formstack automatically creates your checkout form, so no need to sync another form to your payment processor!
8. Clicking “Next Step” from the Payments tab will take you to the publish tab, where you can find a shareable link to your new store and an embeddable code if you wish to put it on your own website. Your new online storefront has been created! WOOT.
*You can review orders under the Orders tab, as well as track your overall store stats under the Overview tab.
Like I mentioned before, this is an incredibly basic, acceptable-blog post-length introduction to the capabilities of the Launch Pad’s store tool. Support documents will be provided soon. As you get into designing your store and find questions, please do not hesitate to ask them in the comments section below or email our support staff. We’d love to show you how much this tool rocks, as well as ways you can implement it within your company.